Tuesday, May 26, 2015


REVIEW:

Skinny School: Where Women Learn the Secrets to Finally Get Thin Forever (Genie Series Book 2) [Kindle Edition]



I found Julie Gordon’s book, Skinny School, by accident.  I was actually searching for some tips on diet and on being a good wife when her page was recommended.  I went to her website and saw that not only does she have the book, but she offers a program to go along with the book.  That was enough to make me want to get the book.  I ordered the book, then I signed up for the Skinny School Online, which was starting up the following week. 

The one thing that I appreciate about this book is that it is in actual story formation.  It is not your typical how-to book with information thrown at you that you may or may not catch.  The main character faces all of the struggles that we face in life and learns to deal with temptation, setbacks, and emotions in an effective way.  I was drawn into the book from beginning to end.

This book is interactive as well.  There are lessons that the main character has to do.  To get the most out of this book, it will be helpful to do the exercises with her. 

There are so many diets out there that are temporary or simply do not work.  Julie helps you to get a hold on what your issues really are and helps you to deal with them.  She encourages you to spend time on your journey without feeling guilty about the amount of energy that you put into it because it IS a real, important life goal.

You will not be disappointment by this book.  It is a story that has humor and love.  There were some times where I wanted to shake the main character because things were so clear, but her self-esteem was so low that she could not see things that were obviously in front of her face.  That is how wrapped up I was in this book!


I purchased this book in Kindle Form.  After reading this book, I was so upset that I did not purchase the physical book.  There is so much life-changing information that you really want to mark it up with highlights and taking notes.  I will be ordering the physical book and I will reread it and be more interactive this time around.  Meanwhile, I started Skinny School just three weeks ago, and as of today, I am in the 10 pound club!  

No comments:

Post a Comment